We want every child to go into school with dignity, confidence and a chance to do their best. We always need donations of NEW school clothes and other essentials to make up the packs of uniform that we give to local children. Please see below for a list of items that are needed, for ages 4 to 18.
We are currently appealing for Winter Warmers: hats, gloves and tights for children and teenagers. We also need warm jackets, particularly in teen/adult sizes for high school pupils.
Click HERE for a list of our drop-off points around Edinburgh.
We also have an Amazon wishlist – please consider buying an item from our list so that we can give someone exactly what they need. (If the link doesn’t take you straight to the wishlist, you can search for it on Amazon – it’s called ESUB).
We also accept donations of nearly-new uniform if it is in excellent condition. We distribute batches of nearly-new uniform to schools and community groups who pass items on to local families in a variety of ways including free swap shops and directly to families in need. If you would like to donate nearly-new items please make sure that they are clean and in excellent condition. We do not accept items with a school logo.
- Trousers (black for high school age, black or grey for primary school)
- Skirts (black for high school age, black or grey for primary school)
- Leggings (black)
- Polo shirts (primary school age – all colours)
- Shirts (high school age – white only)
- Jumpers, sweatshirts & cardigans (black for high school, all colours for primary school)
- Tights, socks & underwear
- Hats, scarves & gloves
- Jogging bottoms
- Plain T shirts
- Gym shoes
- School bags
- Gym bags
- Folders, notebooks & refill pads
- Pencil cases
- Pens & pencils
- Maths sets
- Other stationery